Mar 16, 2011

Nobody does it better....

Yesterday, March 15, 2011, Nathaniel Hale bka Nate Dogg, was called home.

He was 41.

In 2007, he had suffered from a stroke, and then again in 2008, but this has yet to be determined if it was linked to his death.

The man leaves a catalogue of hits and features, and the CRAZY thing is that I mentioned him in my post about Head of State, and then the next day he dies.

Ice Cube was right though,

"It must be a single if Nate Dogg singin' on it"


Nobody Does It Better, Boss's Life (the Akon version wasn't AS soulful), Lay Low, and I Got Love are some of my favorite Nate Dogg tracks and features.


How bout my dad was even a fan?!

I recall back when I was getting my license and he would pick me up from driver's ed, "Area Codes" would ALWAYS come on the radio (cuz that's when it was hot), and Phillip would catch his groove EVERY TIME!!!

Even to this day, when that song comes on, he still sings "Is it cuz the love my handsome faaaaaaaaaacce"

The man was EVEN featured in an episode of the Boondocks!


The rap game, as well as the music industry as a whole, has TRULY lost a crooner and an icon.


RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment