Apr 6, 2011

Remember Uno?!

I can't say "remember the game Uno?" cuz I KNOW that EVERYBODY has a deck of cards somewhere in their house.

SOMEWHERE.

It's a fun game,

and can get quite competitive at times.

YET,

I believe the reasoning behind that is because folks like to take something easy and fun,



I learned how to play YEARS ago as a young sapling,

and since then,

I have come across QUITE a few rules, tweaks, adjustments, quirks, and ways to play.


I ain't talkin bout that bullshit "Uno Stacko" either,

cuz the world knows that is just Jenga with plastic pieces.




BUT,


I digress.


Basic Uno Rules:

1. 7 Cards

2. 1 card for each play

3. If you don't have the color that is being played, you draw 1 card.

4. 1 winner, game over


Apparently, according to black folk, that wasn't enough.


New rules include stacks, doubles, and triples are ALL an EXTRA way to play, and are USUALLY played together.


Doubles: having the same value of a card, just different colors, can be played at once.

This goes for triples too (so on and so forth.)


Stacks: having cards in a numerical sequence (1,2,3 or 8,7,6), no matter the color, can be played at once.

Also works for Skip, Draw 2, and Reverse cards.


Stacks ALSO refers to STACKING cards after the previous person.


For instance,

I throw down a Draw 2, then the next person throws down a Draw 4, then the NEXT person throws down a Draw 2, and the last person is left to pick up 8 cards.


That shit is funny as hell.


I got a rule where as if this situation comes up, if you don't have a "Draw" card, you can throw down a Reverse card, and the person before you picks up.

Once again,

funny as hell.


I played a game where it was my turn to deal, and I was told to "deal however many cards I felt like dealing out".

Also, if I didn't have a card, I had to keep pulling from the deck UNTIL I found a playable card.


Huh?!


What is quite hiLARRYous is that folks remember all these EXTRA damn rules, but forget the ACTUAL rules.

Like how the same colored cards can be played at ANY time.




And then they realize that they are dumb.


However you play the game,

just make sure you don't forget to say "Uno" when you're down to that last card.

No comments:

Post a Comment